Hydro Flask Bottle Brush

Price MSRP: $12.95
Current Retail: $12.95-$12.99
Historic Range: $12.95-$12.99
Reviewers Paid: $13.00

The Hydro Flask Bottle Brush is a well-made, sturdy bottle brush that I vigorously use on all my water bottles, including those that can't go in the dishwasher and the hard-to-clean, narrow mouth water bottles.

Pros

• Solid construction
  • Bristles clean well
  • Ergonomic grip handle
  • Long handle

Cons

• Takes awhile to dry

Conditions:

I came across the Hydro Flask Bottle Brush about 10 months after I broke yet another cheap plastic brush. I needed something to quickly and effectively clean my water bottles, and it had to be long enough to clean even my big Hydro Flask 40oz Bottle. I’ve found nylon bristled brushes to work the best, but couldn’t find a durable one until now...Enter the Hydro Flask Bottle Brush.

Hydro Flask Bottle Brush next to my big 40 oz. Hydro Flask Bottle.

Size:
Nearly 15" long (38.1cm)

Ergonomic handle that includes a hole for easy hanging.

Construction and Durability:

I’ve used a variety of methods to clean water bottles in the past, but found nylon-bristled brushes to be the balance of effective and quick. Unfortunately, I’ve broken many such brushes because they are often cheaply made (or I’m just super-duper strong). But not the case with this one. The Hydro Flask Bottle Brush has a thick, non-slip grip, steel shaft, and plenty of nylon bristles. After 10 months of regular use, I haven’t seen even one bristle shed yet. It’s easily the most durable bottle brush I’ve used.

Drawback:

The only drawback or negative thing I can say about the bottle brush is that it takes awhile to dry. This is likely due to the tight spacing between nylon bristles trap in some water. I give it a good shake or two after using each time, which forces out a good bit of the extra water.

Small bottles? Big bottles? Narrow mouth? Wide mouth?
The Hydro Flask Bottle Brush is ready for them all.

fullsizeoutput_36e.jpg
Ready to clean my Klean Kanteen Insulated TKPro.

Experience

As a small-scale hobby winemaker and outdoors enthusiast (and recent parent), I've cleaned a lot of bottles in my day. I think nylon-bristled brushes are the best tool for doing the job effectively and quickly.

Price Paid: $13 USD

About the Author

Tyler (KiwiKlimber) is a hiker, hunter, and mountain biker who roams the ridges and valleys of Central Pennsylvania (USA). Occasionally, he helps facilitate team-building initiatives and high ropes challenge courses. His hiking and hunting friends know him as the guy who always packs extra food, no matter what.

Nice review and recommendation, Kiwi. I think this is one of those things you dismiss (do I really need it?) until you get one and it does what it's supposed to do and make life easier.

KiwiKlimber

Couldn't agree more, Alicia. Often overlooked, but always performs well. It's the little things that make life enjoyable.

andrew f.

reminds me of the pipe-cleaner thingy for reservoir hoses. Good review!

I keep thinking, I need that brush!

KiwiKlimber

You won't miss the $13 it costs, I promise.