A good pad....a tad on the bulky side when compressed…

Summary

A good pad....a tad on the bulky side when compressed and a bit heavy.

Pros

• Large size
  • Easy up and easy down

Cons

• Slippery with bag on top

Good ove all piece. A tad heavy and bulky. I found it very easy to slide off to one side or the other when there is any incline or even just turning over. After two outings it has not punctured yet.

Thanks for the review of your Klymit pad, Brian!

1 month ago

I'm hooked...they got me. They got me....hook line…

Price Paid: $59 (promo price)

Summary

I'm hooked...they got me.

Pros

• Super comfortable
  • Two valves allow for faster deflation
  • and easier packing

Cons

• A little heavier

They got me....hook line and sinker!

So, many of you read and rated my review of the standard Static V.  I saw this and couldn't resist the temptation. I bought into the Luxe version because it has all the same functional features of the standard—but with more size and loft.

Common points—The V baffled design really DOES help retain body heat. The fabric is durable and has never failed me. The twin valves on this pad are identical to the single, durable push-pull on my other Static V (standard) pad.

Distinguished differences—This pad is wider, longer, and thicker than any other pad I've tried. Compared to even the standard pad, this is more like sleeping on a cali-king in a luxury hotel suite. At 3" thick, there's just no bottoming out or discomfort. At 76" long and 30" wide, this is a perfect mat for side sleepers and night rollers. I've used it for 1.5 seasons and never slipped off. The twin valves make for a fast deflation and it's very simple to pack up.

I'll be the first to admit, it's a little heavier at 26.5oz, but it's worth every ounce after a long hike in Rocksylvania.

Edit—I've read the articles on how to safely void your warranty to save a few ounces with this pad. Altering something so close to "perfect" just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks for the review and comparison to your original Static, NJHiker.

G00SE

Nice review. Any pics to share? I'd love to see a side-by-side view of the two models.