Lixada Titanium Folding Spork

Weight 19 g / 0.7 oz
Material Titanium
Unfolded Length 15 cm / 5.9 in
Folded Length 8.8 cm / 3.5 in

Lixada’s Titanium Folding Spork is the perfect utensil for a hiker’s ultralight cookset. Compact and light this spork has replaced the other utensils I used to carry. At a price that won’t break the bank, this is one product worth taking a look at.

Pros

• Weight
  • Size
  • Price

Cons

• Not made in America

Back when I carried Mountain House-style meals, my Sea to Summit Long Spoon made perfect sense. But in the years since, I’ve gotten lighter and more efficient with my camp kitchen. I dehydrate many of my own meals, and I cold soak food in bags and containers much smaller than the MH bags.

02.jpg
The main body of the spork is 3.5 inches long, with a folding wire handle that extends the overall length to 5.9 inches. A sliding bar locks the handle into place so the spork stays locked open while in use. The design is not original, but it is efficient and dependable.

03.jpg
20200328_072342.jpg

Weight: Lixada lists the weight at 19 grams, but as you can see below, my scale shows it at 14g/0.49oz. Given that most companies underreport the weight of their products, this is a nice surprise.

04.jpg

Size: Again, this spork isn’t for digging into a freezer bag meal. But it is BIG ENOUGH to spoon out my morning oatmeal and anything I’ve heated in my 400ml Evernew mug. It also gets to the bottom of the empty PB2 jar I occasionally carry to cold soak pasta sides.

05.jpg
And then it’s SMALL ENOUGH to store in the same mug I cooked in.

06.jpg
07.jpg
The photo below shows the entire camp cookset that I carry with me on the trail, minus the peanut butter jar.

08.jpg
400ml Evernew Ti Mug (lid seen on rock below my hand), DIY alcohol stove, DIY wind screen, small Bic lighter, Lixanda folding spork. Total weight: 112g/3.95oz

Price: When the Walmart website “suggested” Lixada’s folding spork, I thought maybe this could be the replacement to my 8-inch long spoon. At only $7.75, it was a gamble worth taking, and it paid off!

The only con I have with this product is that I prefer to buy American cottage industry products. When it comes to ti sporks, they all seem to be made overseas and distributed in the U.S.

I don’t foresee a need to keep looking for a better utensil. I’ve never had to replace anything made of titanium, and this spork compliments my UL approach to cooking. Definitely a great deal that is worth taking a look at.

Experience

I started using this product in March of this year, and have taken it out on trips of 2-3 days. I have used other sporks and long spoons since I started backpacking in 2007.

Nice review, Goose!

FlipNC

I have the Vargo version of this. Still carry it at times but have found myself drifting back to my twenty year old lexan spoon again...not sure if its memories or just the feel of it vs the folding handle.

CY6TacticalSolutions.com INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Geez! I’ve got to stop reading your reviews...now I’m online and I’ve got it in my “checkout cart.” My wife says your a bad example🤣

g00se

Reading reviews is a dangerous thing!

Phil is right that Vargo's Titanium Folding Spork is the original design, which you can see over here: https://www.trailspace.com/gear/vargo/titanium-folding-spork/