Daypack with challenges; customer service slow but…

Price Paid: $160 (NZ)

Summary

Daypack with challenges; customer service slow but eventually responsive.

I purchased the Macpac Kahu 22 while in New Zealand in December 2016 and, having returned to Canada, and after light use, by April 2017 two holes appeared at the bottom of the bag.

The customer service person said my photos were unconvincing and that I would have to mail the pack to New Zealand for repair, costing Can $75. I bought a new pack from Mountain Equipment Coop instead.

I requested they send me the patch kit, and they were slow to reply, but eventually did. The quality of the pack was not great, but I imagine it was a faulty, "lemon" pack. The customer relations were slow but eventually they responded.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jerry. Too bad about the holes in your pack. If you could add those pictures to your review, it would be helpful for others to see what issues you encountered.