First thing to catch my eye on these Canadian jackets…

Fabric: Polartec Powershield Ligthweight
Price Paid: $145 cad

First thing to catch my eye on these Canadian jackets (I bought three different models) was that the freakin' zippers are backwards. Although that's not the beef. This jacket works great in the snow, sheds moisture and dirt like a champ, and holds up to reputation by MEC of "all conditions versatility". Very warm, and very versatile indeed. I have a beard, so the brushed fleecey chin guard is a definite PLUS! Good fit and articulation offers uninterrupted movement on my ascents. That's cool too.

My only problem is that there aren't any handwarmer pockets. The Pamir has two crossdraw pockets above harness, but for me it's a little too much to fold and unfold my arms to reach in. Just call me old fashioned, or maybe just call me an American, "eh"? Just kidding.

The Pamir Jacket has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The MEC Pamir Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

Outdoor Research Equinox Convert Pants Review