I used the pack on two trips with light loads. The…

Design: internal
Size: 70 L
Number of Pockets: 1
Max. Load Carried: 30 lbs
Height of Owner: 6 ft
Price Paid: $170 CND

I used the pack on two trips with light loads. The harness is ok but lacks good adjustability and constantly comes loose so get accustomed to frequent stops for readjustment. The fabric around the top loader cinch straps tore after my second trip.

Overall you get what you pay for. At least MEC is very good at returns. I had no problem getting my money back. But I also know of a friend where he has had no problems at all with his Silverthrone. It even survived a week-long excursion in Kluane. So, I say if you're on a tight budget, think about the pack and if you don't like it or it fails at least you won't have any problems getting your money back.

very comfortable and quite good for the price, the…

Design: internal
Size: 71litres
Number of Pockets: 3
Max. Load Carried: 62lbs
Height of Owner: 6ft

very comfortable and quite good for the price, the big sleeping bag compartment is good. it could use daisy chains on the front.

The Silverthrone has been discontinued.

The MEC Silverthrone is not available from the stores we monitor.

NRS H2Core Silkweight Hoodie Review