MontBell Super Spiral Burrow Bag #3

Max user height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm 6 ft 6 in / 200 cm
Shoulder girth 53 - 75 in / 130 - 190 cm 57 - 81 in / 140 - 210 cm
Knee girth 44 - 62 in / 110 - 160 cm 47 - 67 in / 120 - 170 cm
Price $159.00 USD $174.00 USD

Light, compact, and stretchy What more could you ask for?

Pros

• Weight (2.5lbs)
  • Packability
  • Stretch

Cons

• None so far

This bag is very light and packs down extremely small (for a synthetic bag). I can get it into my small, 10L Sea-to-Summit eVent bag. The material feels so soft on the skin, and I love the stretch.

As a big guy (more round then long) the stretch fits me tight enough to stay warm but leaves enough room to put my arms down to my side comfortably. I am 5'9" and the regular fits me just right. I would recommend the long for anyone over 5'10" (but try it out if you have the opportunity).

Temp rating seems true to specs.

Great 3-season bag if you want synthetic.

First thing you should know is that this bag is as well made as any of the Montbell bags and worth the price from a purely construction perspective.

The next thing you should know is that there is NO DRAFT TUBE covering the zipper. I own 3 MB bags #5, #4, and #2 --  all down bags. This is the only one I have ever seen from MB that has no zipper draft tube. What a design oversight!!

I immediately returned this supposed 30 degree bag because it makes no sense for a 30 degree bag to be designed without a zipper draft tube. That cold air will just pour into the bag without one. Be warned!

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Layers