Mountain Hardwear Belay T Short Sleeve

The Belay T Short Sleeve has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best short sleeve performance tops for 2021.

photo: Mountain Hardwear Belay T Short Sleeve short sleeve performance top

Price Historic Range: $21.95-$45.00
Reviewers Paid: $27.00

I bought this shirt in a pinch. I had ordered a different shirt from my local gear shop and it was supposed to arrive the day before I left on a trip to Colorado. Well the shirt was backordered and they didn't bother telling me until the day I went to pick it up. As a result I was in need of a shirt and they offered me the Belay T at a discounted price. I decided to get it and left for my trip.

First I have to say that I am glad that they didn't have the other shirt for me because I love the Belay T. It is super comfortable and wicks like a demon. While climbing up steep trails in Colorado it got wet from sweat. I took off my hardshell when we stopped for a 10 minute break and when I went to put my hardshell back on I was shocked to find that the Belay was bone dry.

The only con is that the seams on the sleeves are slightly annoying. Other than that I love this shirt and would definitely buy it again.

Fabric: Optimum Tech Jersey II