Mountain Hardwear Hestia Bib

Q&A

Have a question about snowsport? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

When your bibs last ten years you need to tell folks.

Summary

When your bibs last ten years you need to tell folks. This is my go-to bib for any winter activity that I will be human powered. Superb durability and fantastic venting.

Pros

• Flexible for every move on the hill. When performing sketchy kick turn on the skin track these bibs never held me back.

Cons

• Wish the waistband came up a couple more inches. Otherwise the bib is perfect

The greatest advantage is the ability to easily zip and unzip legs for breathable venting during uphill travel. I paused as I went to grab my bibs for a day of skinning and skiing the other day. Wow, ten years.

So often we complain about the shortcoming of a piece of gear. But I just have to give a shout-out to Mountain Hardwear. The number of backcountry adventures and daily use for these bibs is a testament to the name Hardwear.

I’m not particularly easy on gear and have been happy with this product as they have never let me down. Superior craftsmanship and materials.

Experience

I pair this pant with Mountain Hardwear micro puffy jacket with hood. Same love of this item. Durable is the key.

Nice review and shout-out to your bibs, Todd! If you can't be skiing and skinning in them today, we're glad you're reviewing them instead.