Nalgene 32 oz Wide Mouth Glow
Current Retail: $9.95
Historic Range: $7.46-$10.95
Reviewers Paid: $9.50
Nalgene 32 Ounce Wide Mouth Glow in the Dark (green) water bottle:
- GLOWS in the dark
- Wide mouth
- Good in winter camping
- Good for hiking
- The blue Glow in the Dark is rare
- Not for use at -40° below expeditions
I don't know how to get the camera to show glow in the dark.
- 32 oz (1 Liter?)
- Blue (these are very hard to find)
Ease of Use
Can open with mittens on. Has a leash on the bottle top so you don't lose it.
Water purification filters and Steripen work with it.
- Glow in the dark
- Wide Top with leash - you can torque it down for a good seal
Construction & Durability
I dropped one over 50 feet down the ledge and it wasn't cracked, chipped, or leaked. Maybe this only happens in the White Mountains of New Hampshire? I never found the water bottle that I dropped in the snow on Chimney Ledge on Mt Katahdin in Maine. And it was a glow in the dark model too. If you find it please send it to me.
- Summer: Put in iced tea and freeze the bottle in your freezer then put it in your water bottle caddy or parka, so you will have ice cold iced tea halfway up climbing Mount Osceola.
- Spring: Fill with spring water and place 2 or 3 bottles in your pack—don't get dehydrated.
- Fall: They glow in the dark—any ideas?
- Winter: Winter camping, put these in your water bottle caddy or parka.
- Outdoor Research Water Bottle Parka
- Rothco MOLLE Compatible Water Bottle Pouch with a Water Bottle/Survival Kit, Blue,
- Forty Below Bottle Boots 1.0 Liter size
Fill your bottle with your boiled snow. Then place the hot water bottle neath the covers in your sleeping bag so the bag will be warm and cozy when you get to sleep later.
The Glow in the Dark bottle is very convenient in the long dark nights during winter. No fumbling around for your lamp or flashlight when you need a drink.
Hunersdorff Water Bottle 1.0 Liter — works even better in below zero conditions. These don't glow in the dark though.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $9.50 on sale