Northside Back Country

rated 2.0 of 5 stars (1)
photo: Northside Back Country winter boot

Specs

Price MSRP: $89.99
Reviewers Paid: $58.36

Reviews

These boots were poorly made and the fit was terrible. I purchased Men's Regular Size 9 and although the length was fine the width was at least a EE, if not wider. The insole was rippled with padding that made them feel very uncomfortable.

I do not recommend these boots.

Pros

  • Looked good
  • 200g Thermolite insulation

Cons

  • Poor sizing re: width
  • Very heavy
  • Inner sole was uncomfortable

I purchased these boots online after finding them on the Amazon. They are made in China and imported to the US by Prestige Sports out of New York State. They were relatively inexpensive which I should have taken into account.

Upon receiving them (in a few of days), the first thing I noticed was their weight—4 pounds. Very heavy. Too heavy for any extended walking.


Northside.jpg

They have a rubber sole and a removable 8mm felt liner with foil bottom and passed faux shearling collar. Color: Brown. I should have paid attention to the 52% on Amazon who said it fit to size. The other 48%, a very high number, said they fit somewhat large or too large. Also, although Amazon advertised 'Free Returns", I purchased through Amazon but from Prestige Sports. 


Northside-Back-Country.jpg
Upon realizing that these boots were too big and too heavy, I requested a return authorization from Amazon and will get the purchase price refunded. However, the cost of shipping the boots back to Prestige was not covered by Amazon or Prestige. It cost me $33.78 to return these $58.36 boots.

Will never make this mistake again with Amazon, Northside, or Prestige Sports. Be forewarned.

Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $58.36

Alicia MacLeay TRAILSPACE STAFF

Well that sounds like a disappointing experience all around, John. Thanks for the warning on returns.


3 years ago
John Compisi INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

Your welcome Alicia MacLeay! I was very disappointed.


3 years ago

Where to Buy

Help support this site by making your next gear purchase through one of the links above. Click a link, buy what you need, and the seller will contribute a portion of the purchase price to support Trailspace's independent gear reviews.