Renogy E.TUNES Solar Bluetooth Speaker
A powerful speaker that produces great sound with the ability to charge while out on adventures. Also has a large capacity battery that can be used to not only play music but also charge your phone.
- Loud sound
- Quick charging
- Large battery
- Durable design
- Multiple inputs
- Unstable when placed on uneven ground
- Battery only large enough for single charge
- Heavy for backpacking
As a member of another website, I get new and interesting products to try out at campgrounds I visit in exchange for a review. On a recent bike camping trip, I tried out the Renogy E.TUNES Solar Bluetooth Speaker. My takeaways from using the combo speaker/solar charger are:
- The solar panel actually works and is effective if you have full sun and can leave it out to be exposed for a while. I found a great spot was on the dashboard of the car while we were biking for the day. It has an indicator light that lets you know if you have it angled correctly and if it is charging. Then there are lights that blink and fill in as it charges so you can know when it is done. A couple hours out in the sun is enough to recharge the battery completely and give you several hours of music time.
- Wow, the speaker has some serious oomph. I will be honest that I wasn’t expecting much from this speaker. I thought it would be a small thing that would be good for those occasions where I want to listen outside on a short hike or at a campground in the evening, but the sound from this thing is no joke. It actually has a separate bass built in so you get really loud high-quality sound. The speaker itself doesn’t have a volume control so you will need to use the Bluetooth connected music device to adjust that. However, you can skip songs and pause/play so that is a nice feature. I have actually started using this speaker at home in parallel with another when we project movies outside since it gives such a nice addition to the sound.
- USB outlet for phone charging. This was a wonderful feature for a car camping trip where we weren’t worried about the extra weight but didn’t want to have to bring along another battery pack to keep up with at the campground. We could just charge our phone and play music all in one device.
- Finally, the speaker is very well built and durable especially with the additional rubber bumper you can add on. I have accidentally dropped it a couple times already with not even any visible wear let alone effect on the functionality.
Overall, I would say this speaker is well worth the value and an amazing addition not only to your camping gear but also perfect for around the house or just a day at the beach. It charges quickly, puts out some wonderful sound, and comes with a slew of extra features.
Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)