Q&A

Have a question about hydration reservoirs? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Holds water and no funny taste after a few days. This…

Price Paid: $45 CND

Summary

Holds water and no funny taste after a few days. This is also a very durable piece of equipment. I changed the bite valve since the original one leaked.

Pros

• Durable bag
  • No plastic taste
  • Very easy cleaning

Cons

• Leaking bite valve
  • Cost. Though it's not prohibitive

This bladder is a great piece of equipment that is well thought out and does what it says it will. I had an issue with the bite valve so swapped it for a Camelbak—one problem solved.

I have used this bladder for a couple of years and it is still in good shape, holds no funny tastes and doesn't leak. I would recommend it to anyone.

I have the 3 litre version, older model, without the baffle in the center. Other than the baffle it's the same. I believe its plastic is tougher than my Camelbak 3 litre. They are both good, but this Source edges it enough to be the better one.

(04 MAY 2016) I want to add this note, I contacted Source customer service as suggested here and they immediately set out to rectify the problem. Two weeks ago another bite valve was received in the mail. Good product and excellent customer service. I will buy my hunting partners (my sons and daughter) one of these as well.

(14 JUL 2018) It's been a great bladder and most of all the people I hunt with have switched to Source as well. I uprated the stars to reflect excellent product and the earlier customer service.

Thanks for the review, mountainman_270.

SOURCE Hydration Systems

Thanks mountainman for the positive review! Surprised to hear about the failing bite valve. Don't hesitate to get in touch with customer service on SourceOutdoor.com Enjoy the outdoors with SOURCE!

Thanks for the update, mountainman.

Thanks for the update, mountainman.

SOURCE Hydration Systems

Thank you @mountainman_270 for the update! If you're interested to test our new Widepac LP or Ultimate, don't hesitate to get in touch. Basic technology, materials and functionality are obviously still the same though.

Easy to fill, clean, dry. Does not absorb odors or…

Price Paid: Around $30

Summary

Easy to fill, clean, dry. Does not absorb odors or flavors. Easy-connect lines and mouthpieces.

Pros

• Brilliantly designed and built
  • Best I've used, and I've used MSR, Platypus, Camelbak

Cons

• Ok, it's not cheap.

I've bought maybe seven hydration systems for myself and my family over the years.

All of them worked, but were a nuisance to clean. You can't easily remove the lines and bite valves. They absorb flavors and odors.

Not the Source system. These guys really thought out their product, and produced well built stuff. The bladder has this crazy coating so it won't absorb flavors or odors. Every piece has a good connector so you can easily remove it to clean and dry it out (nothing nastier than mold in there). The wide opening is ingeniously simple.

Just brilliant. Worth every penny.

SOURCE Hydration Systems

Tim, thanks for the great review, we're happy you appreciate our Source Hydration System Technology. Have a great 2016 outdoors season with Source Hydration! Best from all of us at SourceOutdoor.com

Takes a beating and keeps on working. I purchased…

Summary

Takes a beating and keeps on working.

Pros

• Durability
  • Top fill

Cons

• None

I purchased this product from GoRuck for their events as it's their recommended gear. I had a military surplus Camelbak bladder for my first event and it ended up leaking. My entire left side was wet.

I decided to actually spend a little more and get the Source brand bladder. To keep from having the giant bump on my back I chose the wide version. It sits nice and flat against the back and takes up little space in my pack.

This thing has held up very well. whether you're rolling back and forth on your back or just tossing your pack to the ground, this will hold up. I have had no breaks or leaks in the bladder it self or the tubing.

Takes a beating and keeps on ticking.