Steger Mukluks CamuksXtreme

Potentially superb boot for cold snow travel. Almost…

Price Paid: Approximately $180 for first pair. $260 second pair.

Summary

Potentially superb boot for cold snow travel. Almost nonexistent customer service.

Pros

• Extremely warm
  • Breathable
  • Gratefully lightweight for snowy, winter adventure.

Cons

• Customer service horrific, and therefore unfortunately comes the one-star rating.

Loved my Steger Arctic Mukluks until a stick tore open the moose hide. I considered it an unfortunate accident, not a product flaw. I bought another pair.

This second pair were Steger CamuksXtreme Mukluks, an upgrade. The uppers developed little holes where laces crossed and chafed. This I considered a product flaw.

On November 2, 2018 I contacted Steger through their website. They responded in two weeks. I followed with photos and numerous reach outs to Steger with no further response from them (2 and 1/2 months and growing).

Steger's customer service, appreciation, and courtesy has failed. I cannot promote a company with such neglect. Very unfortunate for a company with such a potentially superb product. A $260 investment for my second pair, a repeat customer, deserves better.

Experience

Used boots hunting and on wilderness hikes when snow and temperatures required their warmth and lightweight maneuverability.

Sounds like an unfortunate experience, Bruce. Thanks for sharing it with us. Is this the model that broke down on you? https://www.mukluks.com/CamuksXtreme/productinfo/CAMXM/#.XEsObC2ZO_s