Steger Mukluks CamuksXtreme

photo: Steger Mukluks CamuksXtreme winter boot

Price MSRP: $259.95
Reviewers Paid: $180.00

Potentially superb boot for cold snow travel. Almost nonexistent customer service.

Pros

• Extremely warm
  • Breathable
  • Gratefully lightweight for snowy, winter adventure.

Cons

• Customer service horrific, and therefore unfortunately comes the one-star rating.

Loved my Steger Arctic Mukluks until a stick tore open the moose hide. I considered it an unfortunate accident, not a product flaw. I bought another pair.

This second pair were Steger CamuksXtreme Mukluks, an upgrade. The uppers developed little holes where laces crossed and chafed. This I considered a product flaw.

On November 2, 2018 I contacted Steger through their website. They responded in two weeks. I followed with photos and numerous reach outs to Steger with no further response from them (2 and 1/2 months and growing).

Steger's customer service, appreciation, and courtesy has failed. I cannot promote a company with such neglect. Very unfortunate for a company with such a potentially superb product. A $260 investment for my second pair, a repeat customer, deserves better.

Experience

Used boots hunting and on wilderness hikes when snow and temperatures required their warmth and lightweight maneuverability.

Price Paid: Approximately $180 for first pair. $260 second pair.

Sounds like an unfortunate experience, Bruce. Thanks for sharing it with us. Is this the model that broke down on you? https://www.mukluks.com/CamuksXtreme/productinfo/CAMXM/#.XEsObC2ZO_s

Win Kora Wool Activewear for Year-Round Adventuring