Granite Gear Women's Crown2 60

photo: Granite Gear Women's Crown2 60 weekend pack (50-69l)

The Crown2 60 replaced the Granite Gear Crown V.C. 60 Ki.

Price Current Retail: $199.95
Historic Range: $117.38-$199.95
Reviewers Paid: $199.95

After comparing all the features important to me, I decided to go with the Granite Gear Crown2 60. Even though it doesn’t have sleeping pad straps (REALLY???). I added those to the pack myself via some ultralight Sea to Summit straps. The reservoir sleeve is more a peace of mind thing than an actual necessity, so I don’t mind that this pack lacks one.

It’s a bit larger than I prefer, but I’d rather have extra room than run out of space. There are so many great features with this pack, and it fits me well. I look forward to many good years and adventures with this pack!

Pros

• Large hip belt pockets
  • Roll top closure

Cons

• No sleeping pad straps
  • Only one big front mesh pocket
  • No outer zipper on brain

I actually love this pack so much I wrote a very detailed article about it on my outdoor blog, Firestarter's Guide!

Welcome to Trailspace, Rebecca!

toejam

Hi Rebecca, I saw your review on your blog, particularly the part about the pack being waterproof (not). I also have the Crown 2. I thought the fabric itself seemed quite waterproof but there are a lot of seams that are not, so I turned mine inside out and seamsealed everything with Seamgrip WP, which took a while but now it's done. I tried it in the shower and the seamsealing made a big difference, but the fabric was overwhelmed and got a little damp on the inside after a while. I'm going to spray the outside with some waterproofing stuff I've got, but at the end of the day the bag liner or pack cover will be my insurance. I really like the Crown 2 otherwise, very lightweight with modular versatility, although I wish GG could have done a better job with the waterproofing.

toejam, we'd love to read your review of the Crown 2 as well, if you're willing to share one. Thanks!

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Crown2 60 versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Crown2 60. Read all reviews »