MEC Couloir II Jacket

rated 5.0 of 5 stars

The Couloir II Jacket has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof jackets for 2020.

Price Reviewers Paid: $316.00

This is the best jacket I have ever owned! The quality of the jacket is outstanding and the waterproofness is excellent. Some features include under arm zips with inside covers (very easy to open in the rain or snow), an ajustable hood that can fit an ice climbing helmet under it or a head with no hat, and many other features that are too numerous to name. I have never been wet even after being sprayed with a fire hose.

The jacket also fits very well with MEC Cornice jacket. MEC knew what they were doing with this jacket and I hope the new Super Couloir will be just as good! I know I won't find out how good the new Super Couloir will be for quite a while because I know this jacket will last a long time.

Fabric: 3 ply Gortex - Galaxy Nylon

High quality jacket (as are all Mec products I own). Durable and extremely reliable in wet/cold conditions. 3 ply Gore-tex is a great material as it doesn't have that pesky loose linner inside! Overall, you're getting a jacket which should sell for twice the price!

Fabric: 3 ply gore-tex -- Galaxy Nylon