Congratulations to hiker Lynn McDougal of Kennewick, Wash., winner of $430 worth of outdoor gear, thanks to Source!
Her Source prizes include a 25-liter day pack, a hydration pack, two pairs of sandals, plus a separate water reservoir and accessories for year-round adventures on the trail.
Lynn's review of her Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed 800 3-Season was randomly selected from the 197 outdoor gear reviews submitted September 1 through September 29.
"I saw the contest and was inspired to write that review just because I REALLY love that gear!" said Lynn when she learned she won. "I am SO stoked! Thanks so much for the opportunity to get some new gear and to share."
Lynn is a hospice nurse and a self-described "backpacking and hiking fiend with a huge amount of enthusiasm and love for the outdoors." She also enjoys nature photography, "so I usually add a couple of hours more than I think I need for the leg of any hike."
Lynn has lived in Washington State for 10 years, but previously spent almost 20 years in Oregon and explored hundreds of miles of its trails. Her next big adventure is a trip to Spain in September of 2016 with her youngest son to walk 500 plus miles from the French Alps to the shores of the Mediterranean on the Camino de Santiago de Compostela.
The Source Prizes
Congratulations, Lynn! As our lucky prize winner, you win all of the following outdoor gear (worth $430), thanks to the fine folks at Source:
- 25-liter Paragon daypack with Widepac Hydration System and lightweight steel frame for ventilation while hiking or mountain biking ($150 MSRP)
- minimalist Pulse hydration pack with Widepac reservoir and detachable front pouch for biking, running, and hiking ($64)
- D|Vide hydration bladder with two separate compartments for two different drinks ($45)
- Stream classic sport hiking sandals with X-strap system, A.R.T GRIP footbed, and odor control ($85)
- Djibouti flip-flops with anti-microbial EVA footbed and A.R.T GRIP outsole for campsite comfort ($45).
- two Magnetic Clips to attach your hydration tube to your shirt or shoulder strap ($12 each)
- Winter Tube Kit to turn your hydration system into a winter one ($17)
Enjoy all of your new Source gear out on the Pacific Northwest trails, and beyond, Lynn.
We hope you'll let us know how it works out in some future gear reviews.