Delivering the ultimate in backcountry versatility, the Operator shovel is built of tough, hard-anodized aluminum and engineered for maximum shovel efficiency. It features our larger packable blade, an extendable shaft, and steep sidewalls to serve mountaineers and backcountry travelers in constructing basecamps to excavating professional snow pits. Unrelenting strength combines with smart ergonomics to help you dig with greater force and less fatigue when speed counts in a rescue.
- Strong: 6061-T6 hard-anodized, lightweight aluminum with TIG-welded blade/shaft interface, and neckless blade design for maximum durability.
- Aggressive: Blade’s traditional flat chopping face delivers a stable strike, while its serrated leading edge breaks up snow and ice.
- Fast Deployment: Two-section, non-rotational telescoping shaft and fast lockpin provide rapid, hassle-free deployment.
- Ergonomic: Meticulously engineered handles optimize comfort, control and leverage with all glove types to minimize hand fatigue.
- Versatile: Shaft’s upper section fits equally well into the blade, allowing you to choose the shovel length you need. Blade’s flat back shaves smooth snow pit walls or offers a platform for stoves.
Available with low-profile T-handle or utilitarian D-handle.
Current Retail: $55.96-$69.95
Historic Range: $27.98-$69.95