Excellent zipperless women's bag. Truly feels like…

Summary

Excellent zipperless women's bag. Truly feels like you're sleeping inside of a nice, warm cloud.

Pros

• Ultra soft material
  • Perfect amount of fill
  • Slot for air mattress to fit into to keep sleeping bag in place
  • Zipperless
  • Hood stays on head

Cons

• Opening in footbox (personal dislike, maybe a plus for some)
  • Ugly color combination
  • No down in the upper back section of bag since this is where your air mattress is supposed to go.

I finally got to try this bag out this past weekend on the Buffalo River Trail in Arkansas.  The temperatures at night ranged from around 45-55° so I wasn't truly able to test the warmth of the bag. I found no drafts in the bag, except if you don't put your feet in the right way, they slide out of the footbox in the slot.

The length was perfect for me (5'6") and it fits like a standard mummy bag. I do like the shape of the hood and found that it stayed around my head all night. This bag has a slot on the back to insert your air mattress. I used a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir and it fit perfectly while still allowing access to the valve if you want to add/remove air.

Getting in and out of the bag is super easy since there's no zipper to fiddle with! I also found that the part of the bag that folds over you like a blanket stays nicely in place and is easy enough to throw off if you get too warm.

The bag packs down into about the standard size of a down mummy bag, but fluffs up quickly after being taken out of the bag. However, there is no down at all in the upper back section of the bag where the air mattress is inserted. This could be a problem for people who are using a closed cell foam pad that doesn't fit inside the bag.

I found that the bag dries very quickly because it has DriDown technology. Mine dried within an hour after rubbing on the very wet side of my dewy tent. Overall, I would highly recommend this bag.

Experience

I have only used this bag for three nights so far. The conditions were fair (no rain). This is my second Sierra Designs sleeping bag and I am a dedicated customer!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Cloud, Megan! I hope you'll keep us posted on how it continues to work out for you.

1 month ago