Congratulations to community member and gear reviewer Daniel Norgan! Daniel just won a complete backcountry kitchen package worth $300, thanks to Katadyn, Optimus, and AlpineAire Foods.
Daniel's review of his Grivel Salamander climbing helmet was selected randomly from the 209 outdoor gear reviews submitted since July 1:
A very comfortable helmet that has multiple sizes available. A great helmet for ice climbing, rock climbing, and mountaineering. ... I own several different climbing helmets and this one has by far become my favorite across all climbing sports.
For sharing his review and being the randomly selected winner, Daniel wins a backcountry kitchen including:
- Optimus Elektra FE stove ($94.95); an
- a Katadyn Gravity Camp 6L water filter for safe drinking water in the backcountry ($89.95);
- a weekend's worth of AlpineAire breakfasts, meals, snacks, and desserts (approximately $80);
- an Optimus (H)EAT Insulation Pouch to keep your meals warm ($14.95);
- an Optimus Folding Ti Long Spoon ($14.95);
- an Optimus Burny refillable, wind resistant, adjustable butane/propane gas lighter ($22.95);
- a Sparky Piezo device ($12.95);
- a foldable, lightweight Optimus (S)eat pad ($7.95); and
- a scratch-free Optimus BOB scrubber ($4.95).
Plus, we're sending him a Trailspace Trail Runner Cap to wear on his outdoor adventures. We can't wait to hear how all that new gear works out, Daniel.
Thanks to Daniel, and everyone who has shared reviews of his or her outdoor gear with their fellow Trailspace community members. You help make Trailspace the best resource for finding and selecting gear for human-powered backcountry recreation.
If you didn't win this time, stay tuned for our next write-a-review gear giveaway starting Friday.