SlingFin CrossBow 2 Four-Season
The CrossBow Four-Season is our lightest winter-optimized tent. With a breathable nylon canopy, the CrossBow Four-Season protects its occupants against spindrift and dust while keeping condensation to a minimum. Our patented WebTruss gives the CrossBow Four-Season an exceptional strength-to-weight ratio. With a spacious interior, and a very low weight for such a capable alpine tent, the CrossBow Four-Season is perfect for backcountry ski tours, snowshoeing excursions, and fast and light alpine climbing. Because of the dust-proof canopy fabric and excellent wind resistance, the CrossBow Four-Season also makes a fantastic tent for desert camping. Thanks to the WebTruss, the CrossBow pitches easily in high winds. Unlike pole sleeves, which can lead to pole breakage when pitched in windy conditions, the WebTruss allows you to fully set up and tension the pole structure before clipping the tent body to the poles. This system provides much more strength for the weight than traditional clip-style tents. With internal guyline compatibility and our OutRigger attachment, the CrossBow can be further strengthened against harsh winds or snow loading using the included cord and your own trekking poles. Our double mesh/ripstop doors provide plenty of options for ventilation. The mesh door is located on the interior of the tent to prevent it from getting caked with spindrift or collecting dust. In milder conditions, the ripstop door can be rolled back to expose the mesh door, which ventilates well but keeps bugs out. When there are no bugs, crack open both doors at the top for the best ventilation and condensation management.
The poles, WebTruss, and fly are compatible with the CrossBow mesh body, which is available separately. The addition of the mesh body turns your CrossBow into a one tent quiver, capable of providing superb airflow even in the muggiest conditions. You can add a flat footprint to protect the tent’s floor, or use the tub footprint to pitch the tent without a body in bug-free conditions for a lightweight weather shelter.
- Roomy 2P tent for year-round use
- Breathable ripstop body blocks wind, spindrift, dust, and sand
- WebTruss adds strength and makes high-wind setup a breeze
- Double dry entry
- OutRigger attachment uses your trekking poles to strengthen tent under high winds and heavy snow loads
- Internal guyline compatible
- Compatible with CrossBow Mesh body for year-round versatility
- Double doors have mesh layer for ventilation and bug protection
- Spacious vestibules offer plenty of gear storage space
- Toggles connect fly to poles at guy points for stability
- Internal ceiling o-rings for gear hanging
- Four internal pockets
Historic Range: $579.95